September 03, 2024

Never Say Never

For those of you who are parents, you know that once upon a time you said..."when I'm a parent I would never ____", and since becoming a parent realize all those statements have gone out the window and you've done every single one of them. Am I right?

For me, it was I would never use a sound machine because I want my kids to get used to real-life noise. Now, we use 3 of them every night to sleep and take them with us on vacation so we can sleep soundly. 

I said I would never let my kid fall asleep in the baby swing, and we LIVED by that swing during the newborn phase. When we had preemies and foster babies who were born addicted, this swing was our saving grace! 

You live and you learn, right?

I feel like aging is a lot like this. Never say never. When I was in my teens I said I would never own a van. Now I have one. When I was in my 20's I said I would never get botox. I caved at age 39 and gave it a try. When I was in my 30's I said I would never wear orthodic sandals. Guess what? I ordered orthodic inserts for my shoes and orthodic sandals. 

I don't think this is a "me" thing. I think people all over the place do this. They say they would NEVER marry again, and then they find themselves married again. They say they would NEVER have kids, and now they have three. They would never grow up, and sadly, we all must do so at some point.

I remember my grandmother about 10 years ago saying she would NEVER use a cane or walker, and now at 93, she's realized it offers her mobility and independence, while still being safe. I am so glad she fully embraces that walker because it means her life is fuller and she can do so much more!

I think the old adage "with age comes wisdom" really rings true. When you are younger you think you know what is best for your future, but as you age and learn, you realize you knew NOTHING when you were younger.

What are some things you said you would never do...and yet, you find that you actually have done it?

Did you say you would never get a cat, and you have? (my husband once said this, and we have 3!)

I said I would never go make-up free online, and I've done this many times as a beauty Youtuber.

I'd love to hear what your "I will never" statements are. Leave them in the comments below!

Many thanks to Responsival for partnering with me on this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0