September 13, 2015

Face Contouring - Smashbox Contour Trio Sticks


I've heard so much about face contouring lately, so for those of you who aren't familiar with it. It's a way of darkening parts of your face that normally would fall in the shadows, and lightening parts of your face where the light hits to make the effect more bold. It helps enhance your facial structure or give structure to parts that need it. It sounds intimidating, but it's simple. I like to think of it as improving what God already gave you!

Every face shape contours slightly differently. If you have a wide face and want to make it appear more narrow you contour one way. If you have a long face and want to make it appear rounder, a different way. I found this guide on another blog that was so helpful. As you can see they're all slightly different, but the end result is the same - angles and highlights/shadows.
Thankfully, there are products out there that make this simple. Smashbox makes a step-by-step contour stick trio. 

What it is: 
An exclusive set of three ultra-blendable, creamy sticks that glide effortlessly onto skin for targeted, precise application and a totally even finish. 

What it does: 
These hot contouring products have always been a best-kept secret of those in the know. Now Smashbox has made it easy to put your best face forward with three shades that mimic perfect lighting: Contour sculpts by creating shadows, Highlight mimics light reflection to pull features forward, and Bronze provides a smooth transition that eliminates the look of harsh lines. The result is flawlessly shaped features from defined-looking cheekbones to a seemingly perfected nose to the appearance of a sculpted jawline. The kit also includes a how-to insert with simple instructions for achieving the best look for your face shape. This set is exclusively available at Sephora. 


I decided to give it a try...


The end result... 
I think that contouring does amazing things. I use it on the sides of my nose to make it look thinner, and under my cheek bones to make it looks like I have a more sculpted face.  I think contouring is great and will contour for evenings out and big events, but maybe not every day! 

And while we're talking about defining and sculping the face, I think that making sure you brows are well drawn will only help accentuate your eyes. Some people like full and bushy, some like thin and discreet, but I like something in the middle. I try to draw my brows into an arch on top, and a slight curved line on bottom. So even if I'm not doing the full contour of my face, I still make sure my brows are done [used smashbox brow tech matte pencil below], to make my face look polished and done!

Check out Sephora's How-To video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0