October 16, 2014

When Night Comes - A Book Review

Jack Turner comes back to Culpepper to give a series of lectures for his old history professor. Within days, he starts having bizarre experiences at night. Like he's traveling back in time, experiencing the epic events in his lectures firsthand. He has no control over these experiences and can't make them stop.

Joe Boyd thought he'd left big city crime back in Pittsburgh when he took a detective job in Culpepper, Georgia, a sleepy southern college town. His peaceful life ends when two students turn up dead in two weeks. The coroner is saying natural causes, but something doesn't add up.

Rachel Cook, a teaching assistant at Culpepper, can't believe Jack is back in her life again. She's had a crush on him since she was fourteen, but Jack never knew. He instantly seems attracted to her, but she can tell...something is deeply troubling him.

Watching all this from a distance is Nigel Avery. He's certain this experiment's about to unravel. It'll be his job to tie up all the loose ends when it does.


My Thoughts:
While this book does deviate from Dan Walsh's "typical" style, it's still an amazing read. When I first started reading the book and got to the first "flash back" I thought I was reading a time travel book and found myself thinking, I'm not sure I'm going to like this book, but I was quickly proven wrong. Without sharing any spoilers  I was very happy with the mystery novel this turned out to be. This novel reminded me of the medical mystery book series by Richard Mabry but without all the medical jargon. I also appreciated that this novel was without the mushy gushy predictable romance which I find way too often in "Christian fiction" novels. It had a little romance, but it never made me think, oh gag! It was a page turner and I could have easily finished it in a day if I didn't have other things to tend to like....kids :-P. I'm still a huge fan of Dan Walsh's novels.

Look for this book to come out November 1st 2014, or pre-order the Kindle version HERE!

Many thanks to Dan Walsh for an early copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0