May 26, 2014

Our Dog's Story

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Purina One, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ONEDifference http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

Okay, so in the interest of honesty I should start off by saying I was not a dog person when I met our dog, but I've grown to love her. She is part of our family now; here is our story.


Our dog spent her first 2 years in Georgia where she was basically a puppy making machine, and at age 2, after recently having a litter of puppies, she was left at a shelter to be put down. I guess she had weened her babies, and was of no more use to her owner [so sad]. We were told that she was within hours of being euthanized when South Jersey Rescue found out about her and arranged for her to come up to Jersey to live with a foster family until she could find a permanent home. SJR said that being as young as she was, with such a sweet loving temperament, they couldn't let this dog be put down just because of lack of space/finances, etc. At this time our family had already grown by 2 cats, who were a BOGO deal from the SPCA, but my husband and I had a deal before we got married. He was a dog person and I was a cat person, so we either had to have BOTH or NEITHER....you can see which way this is going...We were going to have BOTH. 


After having our cats for a year we started the dog search and found this lab online and my husband kept saying "Labs are too big; I don't even want to meet her," but I kept bugging him [as labs were the only dogs I'd ever known in my extended family and 'tolerated'] until he finally agreed, and it was love at first woof. Turns out she's the size of a beagle, so not too big at all. This story gets even better though. Not only is she AMAZING with our 2 cats and other dogs, she also loves all kids. We currently have a 17 month old son and a 2.5 year old foster child and they pet/push/pull/lay on her, and she doesn't even bat an eye. We couldn't have asked for a better dog than our Millie!


Since Millie had a rough start we want to ensure that she has a happy, healthy life moving forward, and we are looking forward to participating in Purina One's 28 day challenge. Trying Purina One for 28 days should lead to a healthier dog in the following ways: eye health, dental health, digestion, energy, healthy skin & a beautiful coat. We can't wait to see how much she loves it, which I'm sure she will. She seems to love all foods!


To try it yourself,  you can sign up for the challenge and get a $3 off coupon here: http://www.purinaone.com/dogs/28-day-challenge 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0