December 03, 2009

Author Spotlight - Lynn Austin

A friend of mine introduced me to Lynn Austin about a year ago with "Eve's Daughters," and I have been devouring every other book of hers since then, when I have time. Her novels tend to involve the lives of women who cross paths and are forever changed because of it, or young women in search of something, yet find something opposite of what they were searching for. I love how she develops the characters almost instantly, and I am always drawn into the story in the first few pages, wanting to read more.

She writes Christian Fiction novels which I find very entertaining and also encouraging, sometimes inspiring. Some of the characters in the novels have faced such hardships it makes me appreciate the blessings in my life all the more. A few of the novels focus around a historical time such as the World Wars which peaks my interest in history, which as a student was my least favorite subject, so you know she must be a talented author to do so.


The collection of novels I have read by this author include:

* A Proper Pursuit
* Hidden Places
* Eve's Daughters
* All She Ever Wanted
* Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire series)
* Fire by Night (Refiner's Fire series)
* A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire series)

I am reading "A Woman's Place" right now and love it. I've been reading almost non stop stop for the past 3 nights. It's about 4 women from very different walks of life all coming together to make a difference for the war effort, and in doing so, form friendships that transcend their station in life.


Lynn Austin Books Remaining on my list:

Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings series)
Song of Redemption (Chronicles of the Kings series)
The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings series)
Faith of My Fathers (Chronicles of the Kings series)
Among the Gods (Chronicles of the Kings series)
Though Waters Roar
Until We Reach Home




I can't wait to read more books by this author!!!

To find out more about this author, or about the books she has written, visit her website here: http://www.lynnaustin.org/ME2/Sites/Default.asp

Disclaimer: I was not provided anything in exchange for this review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0