September 17, 2009

Home Renovation/Reorganization Series - Sunfeather

Sunfeather: Body Care, Soap, Candles and More




I stumbled across this site for all natural soaps, candles, body care products and so much more, and I was intrigued. Here is some information on Sunfeather, from their website:

"The story of SunFeather Natural Soap Company - my life's work - has been in the making for the past twenty years. It all began in 1979 in my farm house kitchen. I was 22 years old and filled with my hearts desire to share the beauty of nature with the world. Inspired by a keen reverence for medicinal and fragrant herbs, and the creative joy of working with my hands (and nose!)…I purposefully set about my work of becoming adept at herbal soapcrafting and business.


After an initial investment of fifteen dollars and years of devoted work, I am pleased to see the fruits of my (and others) labor in a thriving micro-business carefully producing and marketing 4,000 pounds of high quality soap weekly.As my company grew, my mission grew to include not only the production of soulful products, but to also discover and implement ways of doing business which would be equally soulful and right. Without a business background, I was free to do business my own way…with love and caring. And so, as time passed, my mission evolved to include:


  • Tithing pre-profit income to over eight different environmental and peace groups.

  • Creating a humanistic workplace and sharing profits with employees.

  • Making every effort to minimize the ecological impact of our daily work.

  • Using the vast network of business to promote the ideas of a sustainable, equitable and peaceful future for the bountiful life on earth.

During the past ten years my work has included the authorship of numerous articles and books on soap making and one book on how to make a living at it. Simplicity and economic freedom are rare gifts to behold in our leaden (overly corporate) times. Making soap and using handmade soap is a simple pleasure. Selling or bartering simply made soap is an avenue toward economic freedom. The potential for creativity is vast, the market is vast, the way is clear."


Sunfeather generously offered to send me their Vanilla Almond bar soap and their Sweet Maple Candle and they are great. I love the fall smells, and these are making my bathroom smell so delicious, and making my stomach growl every time I go in the room. The vanilla Almond soap is great for exfoliating and getting rid of dead dry skin, and is made with ground oatmeal and a soft vanilla scent, using SunFeather's renowned olive oil soap base. The Sweet Maple candle is scented with the candied essence of maple syrup, hand poured and created using soy wax - which is a renewable and sustainable resource. It also features a natural fiber wick, and can burn for up to 20 hours which is great.

So their products are great, but I also love that they give some of their profits to environmental and peace groups. This company knows how to use their resources well to make beautifully smelling products that not only smell great, but look great sitting on your counter top, and they operate their business keeping the environment in mind. This is a great company, that you should definitely check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0