September 07, 2021

Passing the Time!

 

Let's face it, during the pandemic and the stay at home order I scoured the web for ways to keep myself and my kiddos busy, and I found some really fun options. We discovered online art classes and Youtube videos. My son and I took up crocheting (it was short lived for him, but I've been doing it for years). My big kids and I sewed our own stuffed animals, and even a few stuffed monsters, and puppets from socks. We also learned how to type using an online typing class (typingclub, as seen above). We actually had challenges to see who could type faster or type with the most accuracy. It was actually really fun! We like to challenge each other. We also found some really fun online gaming options and apps. 

Not only did my kids introduce me to popular games like Minecraft, Roblox, Pet Shop and Township (which I may or may not have been addicted to for a solid 6 months), but I found online gaming sites that provide free entertainment, and some educational games too (splashlearn & prodigy). So while my kids were occupied with fun educational sites, I decided to see what was out there for me and I found sites with games for all ages (https://www.solitaire.org/) with a host of games to choose from. This site has games like solitaire. They also have pyramid where you have to find pairs of cards to equal 13 in hopes of clearing them all. These are only a few games available; there are so many more, and FREE to play!

So after we learned to sew, bake, draw, crochet, type and game, it was time to get back to the real world (at least some of the time), so we started taking more family walks around our neighborhood, having picnics, taking day trips to the park or the beach, playing basketball outside, re-learning to ride bikes at a nearby parking lot and much more. I think it's really important to have a healthy balance. Screen time and learning new hobbies is great, but it's also important to enjoy nature, and connect with other people close to you.



I hope this gave you some ideas if you are still under the stay at home order, recovering from an illness or injury, or just looking for ways to pass the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0