January 22, 2018

Why visit Lancaster?

As many of you may know my family and I enjoy traveling to Lancaster for vacation. We've gone there the past 2 summers and have made some great memories. We love the slowed pace that life has when we're out that way. If you're wondering what else Lancaster has to offer besides farms, then just keep reading... 

 Our family really enjoys going on long drives or long walks to see the cows, farms, the Conestoga river flowing by. It's so peaceful and something we don't have much of where we live. If you're not really into farms or animals, then try stopping at a road side stand for a fresh baked soft pretzel, a bite to eat or an ice cream cone. What's not to like about stopping for food? Food is the highlight of my vacations. I don't have to make it, and it always tastes better. Those of you who are moms out there know what I'm talking about, right? ;-) 

There are cultural experiences like visiting an Amish farm, taking a buggy ride, touring a one room schoolhouse and more. We from these, but the don't usually flock to these as a family as out kids are young, but they are a great way to learn about a different culture and way of living. Summer break doesn't mean the kid's don't learn anything. There are always learning experiences. 

If you want to amp up your kids learning adventures when you visit Lancaster, try visiting a snapology location. At Snapology children will be guided through hands on activities using things they already love: LEGO® bricks, K’Nex and technology. Great for children ages 1-14. They offer classes, camps and parties that are so fun I bet kids won't even realize they're learning. That's the best kind of learning in my opinion. My oldest son would LOVE this. I wish I'd learned about it in time to go this past Summer. There's always next year!

We also visited the Turkey Hill Experience while we were in the area. I have to be honest and say this was a let down for the adults, but the kids had a good time. My boys loved the small slide and ball pit at the very end, and of course, the endless scoops of ice cream. It's something to do, but if you ask me, I'd say skip it. There are more interesting things to see and do.

If you're into shopping, then look no further. Lancaster has several sets of outlets. They have the Tanger and Rockvalle outlets. They have store ranging from high end names like Lord & Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft to Charlotte Russe and Rue21 to home stores like L.L. Bean and more. I feel like there is a store for everyone.

I think it's a really great place to go for a family vacation. It has great food, shops, family activities and peace and quiet. That's all I ask for in a good vacation spot. What's your favorite vacation spot? Let me know below!

2 comments:

  1. all these years in PA and I still haven't been to Lancaster! I need to give it a shot this summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Williamsburg is a great town to visit for vacation. And anything with Legos, my LO can't get enough legos!

    ReplyDelete

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0