September 10, 2015

NYX

NYX is a brand of cosmetics that I'd heard of but never tried. Below is some information on their company:

"Our goal is to provide our clients with the best cosmetics and service in the field. NYX Cosmetics was named after the Greek goddess who ruled the night, just like many of our fans who rule the night life in this modern techno-savvy world. We offer a wide variety of products ranging from eye shadows to foundation and brushes to eye lashes and glitter to glosses. Everything a professional makeup artist needs for the job or that a goddess needs to create her look for a night on the town.


NYX Cosmetics originated and is headquartered in the heart of sunny Los Angeles. The cosmetics line was founded in 1999 by a young entrepreneur named Toni Ko. Ms. Ko has been involved in color cosmetics since she was a teenager and has always desired to create and share a line of cosmetics that provided quality products at affordable prices."


So while they're based out of LA, their products can be purchased online and at select CVS pharmacy stores, which is very exciting as i have one within walking distance of my home.

I had a chance to try the new NYX liquid suede in hot pink, and the color is spot on. It's HOT pink, haha. I found it to be a bit too bold for me, but may look great on other skin tones.

I also had a chance to try the Hot Singles Eye Shadow in Vixen, and it was the PERFECT base shade for almost all of my eye makeup looks. After I apply my NYX eye shadow base, I brush the vixen shade all over my eye, especially under my brows and on the inner side of my eye and nose. It looks so natural, but covers any flaws in my skin, making it look smooth and natural. I love it!

Finally I had a chance to try the Wicked lashes. I've never worn false lashes before, so I didn't realize that some came pre-glued and others came without. These came without so I had to purchase lash glue. My first try was pretty successful. Thin line of glue, applied with tweezers, pushed on, and covered with black eyeliner. I really like the effect, but was hoping for more drama. Next time I think I'll try fuller lashes. Theses look too sparse for my taste, but easy to use, and plan to use them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0