May 09, 2015

I won't do this when I'm a mom...or so I thought! Happy Mother's Day!

What I said before I became a parent over 2 years ago...

1. I will never use a sound machine because babies need to get used to all noises and surroundings. I don't want them to become dependent on a white noise machine or they won't fall asleep without it.

2. I will not use a swing to put my baby to sleep. They should e able to adjust to sleeping on their back, so we can put them down when we are visiting family or friends. We don't want to bring a swing with us everywhere.

3. I won't be one of those parents who posts a million photos of their child on social media and floods the newsfeeds. Those parents are so annoying. They think their kid is the cutest, funniest etc.

4. I won't let the animals near my child. They could hurt the baby, and the fur would get on everything, not to mention those dog kisses (yuck). It's just not sanitary.

5. I won't work my schedule around my child's. The child needs to adapt to my schedule. Some parents will schedule everything around nap tim and bed time, and that's just rediculous.

.....AND THEN I BECAME A MOM....and this all went down the drain.

1. I quickly learned that sound machines are life savers and keep your child from waking at every little sound. 

2. I learned that the swing is a sleep saver. My son would wake up every two hours, but the swing would lull him back to sleep for another few hours. This saved me from many sleepless nights. 


3. To the third point, Yes, I was one of those parents who couldn't take enough photos of her son, and gladly shared them with the world.

4. I learned that our animals are amazing with children and our dog was even protective of our son when we first brought him home. She wouldn't let the cats near him for the first few weeks, but now they're all buddies. I was worried unnecesarily. Braeden and our dog, Millie, are best friends as you can see.


5...and Finally I learned that sometimes you do need to work your schedule around your child's needs. I learned that having a cranky toddler who missed his nap is not enjoyable, and makes for a very ugly rest of the day. Sometimes the child's need for sleep is more important than having a social life. 


What I'm trying to say is that many of the things you think you know about being a parent change when you actually become one. Cut yourself some slack! 

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies or mommies to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0