March 14, 2015

How Many Times Do I Have to Tell You?

{MORE ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?}

How Many Times Do I Have to Tell You? (Apologia Educational Ministries, March 2015)
You’ve probably said these things to your kids, but have you listened to what you’re saying?
“I remember the day you were born.”
“Turn down the music!”
“This is going to hurt me more than it’s going to hurt you.”
“Hold my hand.”
Your heavenly Father wants to tell you many of these same things. Rachael Carman knows how noisy it can be when you’re raising children—she has seven! But this lovely devotional book will help you to hear God’s still, small voice amid the chaos of carpools, cut fingers, and carpet crawlers. You’ll learn how to recognize God’s instructions for you, even as you seek to follow His example as a parent.
Rachael Carman

{MORE ABOUT RACHAEL CARMAN}

Rachael Carman is an author and speaker for Apologia Educational Ministries. The wife of Davis and the mother of seven children, Rachael challenges parents to live by reckless, obedient faith. As a direct reflection of her heart’s desire to encourage, inspire, and celebrate motherhood, Rachael also leads Real Refreshment Retreats, weekend events that energize and invigorate homeschooling mothers with meaningful worship and speakers plus practical encouragement for the homeschool journey.
Find out more about Rachael at http://rachaelcarman.com.

{MY THOUGHTS}
If I'm being honest I only received this book a few days ago, so I haven't gotten too far yet, but it's not what I thought it was. I thought it was a book on how to be a godly parent, or how to NOT use the typical "mom" phrases with your kids, but it turned out to be a daily devotional. I was hoping it was a parenting book, but I can already tell that I will enjoy this book. Each chapter is about 3 pages, and very easy to get through. While I haven't found too many shockingly profound things yet, I still think it's a nice light devotional for people who want something short. I've been reading CS Lewis and John Piper lately, so it's a nice change of pace. Some nights you want something deep and very thought provoking, other nights you want something that will bless you with limited amount of time needed.

Review copy was provided for this review, but opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0