July 07, 2011

Skillet Bacon Jam


what the heck is bacon jam?....

we take a big bunch of really, really good bacon, and render it down...add a bunch of spices..onions, etc. and let it simmer for about 6 hours...give it a quick puree, blast chill it...and you have bacon jam...

My Thoughts:
Today I was in the mood for some really good potato soup but didn't have any bacon which always adds such rich flavor to potato soup so I decided to try my skillet bacon jam. I needed to fry some onions for the soup so instead of using oil or butter I spooned out a tablespoon of the bacon jam. So now not only did I have sauteed onions, but I also had this lovely bacon flavor to add to my soup. I think it's a really great idea because real bacon spoils so quickly and I rarely use it all.

Check out this video from the Today Show:



For more information visit their website: http://www.skilletbaconjam.com/ or email for inquiries
eat@skilletstreetfood.com

disclaimer: sample received for review
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0