December 19, 2022

New Year's Resolutions - How to keep them!

How many of us start out the new year with ambitious goals, yet lack the plan to make these goals come for fruition. As a mom of four, my goal is often to eat healthier, get more sleep, take more time for myself, or exercise more, but how to do that with a part time job and four active kids? I think success happens when goals are broken down, and then plans are made!

Let's say my plan is to get more exercise. With three kids in school, one at home, and 2 that I nanny at home going to the gym is rare. I need something feasible I can do from home. Yes I could do YouTube workout videos, which I do from time to time. I could pop in a DVD or stream a class, which I haven't really tried before, but it's doable. Or something that I recently learned about is a seated at home exercise option called Cubii. It's small and it allows me to do some cardio while sitting and doing what I normally do like streaming Netflix, folding laundry or planning my meals for the week. Great, right? It would also be great desk exercise equipment if you work at an office or away from home. So goal made, and I have a plan to reach that goal.

Let's say my plan is to eat healthier. There are food delivery services or meal delivery services that cater to certain dietary restrictions. We have tried them in the past and LOVED them. These meal services not only provided the recipes, but also all the ingredients needed to make the meal. They allowed us to select the serving size too. We could get a meal for 2 or 4 people or even larger I believe.  For others who don't enjoy cooking, perhaps they prep meals on the weekend and have ready to go healthy meals all week long. One day of agony in the kitchen, for a full week of easy healthy meals ready to go. It could look different for everyone. So goal made, and plan made to make this happen.

Let's say I want to take more time for myself. Perhaps this means putting the kids to bed 15 minutes earlier, or waking them up 15 minutes later in the morning. For some it may mean allowing the kids to watch an extra show so mommy can drink her tea or coffee while it's still hot (rare in my household, unless my husband gets me this much wanted gift). For those of you with childcare options, maybe hiring a sitter once a week so you and a friend can go out and unload all the weights you carry as a parent or as an adult. No one said adulting is easy, right? Sometimes you just need a mental break. For some it may mean putting on a good reality show and just zoning out to someone else's drama. Make a plan so the goal can be achieved.

Many thanks to Responsival for sponsoring this post!

1 comment:

  1. For me I just want to make more money! I want to finish my wedding as well in the brand new year!

    ReplyDelete

Search Engine

Disclaimer

This policy is valid from October 01, 2009

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact mjf926@gmail.com.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org


google.com, pub-1349096555070924, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0